The second annual OxfordVision 2020 summit was held on 1–3 September 2004 at the Saïd Business School in Oxford.
The meeting heard reports from the five working groups and three dialogue meetings, arranged after the first meeting. The progress of the movement’s objectives were debated key issues for the future were addressed. From this, a draft Commitment to Action was produced for further consultation. This has been finalised and will form the basis of the movement’s strategy and work.
Below are the presentations given at the 2004 meeting.
- How the organisation should be positioned and how it should communicate with members and more widely
- Janet Voute, chief executive of the World Heart Federation
- Grand Challenges on chronic disease
- Prof. Abdallah Daar
- The Oxford Vision 2020 journey
- Prof. Stig Pramming
- The macroeconomic context of chronic disease
- Prof. Gordon L. Clark
- Learning from tobacco to address diet and nutrition more effectively
- Prof. Martin McKee
- Building evidence on chronic disease and the risk factors
- Prof. David Matthews