The ’03 Meeting took place on 3-4 December 2003 at Magdalen College Auditorium – The Grove Buildings, Oxford
12.00 Arrival – buffet lunch
13.00 Introduction and welcome from the organisers
Chair: John Bell, Regius Professor of Medicine, University of Oxford
13.35 Keynote addresses
(20 minutes of presentation and 10 minutes of interaction)
16.00 Interactive panel discussions: The levers for preventing and controlling chronic diseases
1. Defining impediments to progress in the management and control of chronic diseases
2. Innovative responses to the problems of chronic diseases
19.30 Close of the day
20.00 Dinner hosted by David Matthews, OCDEM.
8.30 Good morning and reprise
9.00 Interactive panel discussions: The stakeholders’ perspectives – whose role is it anyways?
1. The role of government – can an integrated approach work?
2. Multi-stakeholder alliances – impact and reality
13.30 Interactive panel discussions (continued)
3. Innovative financing of chronic disease management and control
14.30 What did we learn?
15.30 Facilitated group discussions addressing priority issues and potential areas for further development within the Oxford Vision 2020
17.15 Feedback sessions
18.15 The WHO strategy for noncommunicable diseases
18:30 A call to action
19:30 Dinner hosted by Lars Rebien Sørensen, Novo Nordisk.