Prevention in the workplace
Chronic disease risk reduction in the workplace can have a major impact on the health of employees and their families, while also demonstrating social responsibility and improving productivity.
Health promotion in the workplace is one of the Oxford Health Alliance’s main areas of action. Click here >> for details of the OxHA approach.
The Area Goal for this workstream is:
- Work in partnership with businesses and other organisations to identify, encourage and disseminate effective and innovative ways to promote chronic disease prevention in the workplace.
Christine Hancock (former president of the International Council of Nurse) is project director.
Latest news coverage
Call to invest in workers’ health, Financial Times, 30 March 2009.
- Article about Healthy Work, a report by Bupa in which OxHA is a partner.
- Click here for the article in the FT.
- Click here for the Healthy Work report.
News: World Economic Forum
OxHA is on the Project Board of the World Economic Forum’s ‘Working Towards Wellness’ initiative.
For more information, click here >>
Workplace health programme
- For information about OxHA’s approach to workplace health, and the organisations with which OxHA is working, click here >>
For more information
- Click here for a list of Alliance Alerts on chronic disease prevention in the workplace.
- Click here for some other publications on this issue.