Architects, urban planners and transport engineers (among many others) can create environments in which healthy choices are easy choices.
The Oxford Health Alliance’s Design initiative focuses on environmental determinants of chronic disease.
- NHS London’s Healthy World Cities (HWC) initiative >>, in which OxHA is a partner
- Follow-up from the Forum on healthy and sustainable cities >> and the OxHA 2008 Summit – Building a Healthy Future >> , both held in Sydney, Australia, in February 2008
- Identifying and showcasing best practice from around the world
- Building a diverse and international network via 3FOUR50
- Advocating for healthy people, places and planet
Katy Cooper is project manager on this initiative.
We welcome your thoughts, suggestions and contributions.
Forum on Healthy and Sustainable Cities
The Oxford Health Alliance and Monday Morning co-hosted a Forum on Healthy and Sustainable Cities in Sydney, Australia, on 29 February 2008, following the OxHA Summit.
- Click here >> for more details
Meetings on environmental design for prevention
- Click here >> for information on meetings at which OxHA has presented on this issue.
- Click here >> for forthcoming meetings in which OxHA will be involved.
For more information
- Click here for a list of Alliance Alerts on environmental design for prevention.
- Click here for other publications on this issue.
Click here >> to see the pdf of this image, from The Guardian, 28 June 2007 (reproduced with permission).